cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 16

Where are Orion default setting for Temp ?

Hi

I can not find the "Temperature default setting" in NPM 12.2

😞

Any one ?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 12

I too am looking for where the default threshold values are. I know where to change the threshold value senor by senor but, where do I find the default values for Warning and Critical used across all Temperature hardware Sensors? And are they differetn depending on device type?

0 Kudos

Those values come from the hardware vendor themselves when you query the device, it varies from one to another but there is an OID you call to see what the thresholds should be:

Hardware health OIDS - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

- Marc Netterfield, Github
Level 8

Hi... I still cant find it. I need to change 15k element temp threshold. This is killing me if I need to do it manualy.

0 Kudos

Depending on how you are collecting those temperatures, if they are using built in hardware health then it is under manage hardware sensors, then you would do some kind of filtering/grouping to get the ones you need to change all in the view and edit them all at once.  Otherwise if you are using UNDP to collect the temps it would be under custom poller thresholds

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos
Level 16

This is located in Admin --> User Accounts --> Manage Accounts select your account go toward the bottom of the page.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Level 16

Thanks neomatrix1217

But I look for default  of "use Orion Default"  where is that ?

Solarwinds is "know" for good usebility ...

I expect some hard code temp like 70 c  for 2 hot  temp some where is the GUI...

My logic says about here ?

myserver/Orion/NetPerfMon/Admin/NetPerfMonSettings.aspx

0 Kudos