cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

When to add a polling engine

Jump to solution

We are seeing a slow down in our Main server hosting WEB SAM and NPM. there talk I have seen where 8-9 thousand. How do I determine howmany poles are used up ? or do I go by perfomance, looking for data to makee a "good decision" about adding a second engine

0 Kudos
1 Solution

If your polling completion rate is ever below 99% then you could possibly need a new poller, or may need to adjust your polling times to keep on track until you can put in a new poller.  Once a poller reaches 85% of it's polling rate it will start to back off the polling rates on it's own for you to try and keep it's polling completion above 99%.

The pollers are rated to handle about 9000 elements.  I have personally seen pollers handle 11,000 elements with out losing polling data, or having issues.  As they get better and better with the poller code I would hope to see the pollers start to take hardware resources more in to account than they do now and we can easily eclipse the thresholds we currently see.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

If your polling weight hits 70 -75 percent, it is a good idea to add another poller.  Check it under Settings, Polling Engines.

Excellent

0 Kudos

If your polling completion rate is ever below 99% then you could possibly need a new poller, or may need to adjust your polling times to keep on track until you can put in a new poller.  Once a poller reaches 85% of it's polling rate it will start to back off the polling rates on it's own for you to try and keep it's polling completion above 99%.

The pollers are rated to handle about 9000 elements.  I have personally seen pollers handle 11,000 elements with out losing polling data, or having issues.  As they get better and better with the poller code I would hope to see the pollers start to take hardware resources more in to account than they do now and we can easily eclipse the thresholds we currently see.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos