This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What ties UDP data together in database?

I am having an issue with UDP data that is formatted as a string and not an integer so I am looking to mine that from the database and display/alert with other tools.

I am trying to figure out how to find the location of the data that the UDP gathers in the Orion database.

So far I have been able to find the name of the Custom Poller and the ID, but I cannot figure out the relationship:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

• the Data is held in these tables:

pastedImage_0.png

(basically custompollerStatistics, but if you know what timescale you're reporting over you can go to the agregated data tables)

• Thanks Richard

Where I am getting hung up is I am not seeing any values. For example:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

These pollers are assigned to nodes and should be generating statistics.

• How long ago did you assign the pollers? -- if you only just assigned them then they will not have (yet) been rolled up to the hourly stats.

'just' depends on you detailed stats retention settings.

• here you can find the relationships scroll down check the join clause

Advanced Custom SQL Alert with UnDP

• They have been assigned for a couple days now - I do not get any results from a query in either the hourly or the daily table. emoticons_confused.png

Could it be somehow that the data collected by these OIDs is not formatted correctly?

Here you can see just by the snmpwalk where there are issues:

pastedImage_1.png

• you won't probably...

In my environment I have the following settings:

RETAIN DETAIL STATS7 Days
    RETAIN HOURLY STATS30 Days

so, stats for the first 7 days are ONLY in custompollerstatistics_detail

try the following:

SELECT TOP 1000 CP.UniqueName,CPA.AssignmentName,CPS.* FROM CustomPollerStatistics CPS

inner join CustomPollerAssignment CPA on CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID=CPA.CustomPollerAssignmentID

inner join CustomPollers CP on CP.CustomPollerID=CPA.CustomPollerID

where UniqueName like 'DPS_215%'

this pulls the data out of the view, which combines all the levels of detail.

[note: please paste the text of SQL statements or output; using screenshots means I have to retype things to look at them]

Also, if your vendor really is putting the temperature in a string-formatted OID then they need to be educated on the use of proper TYPES;