cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: What should be taken care if increasing the RAM of Primary Poller?

Jump to solution

can resolution  execut CW.

0 Kudos
Level 16

Jump to solution

didnt get you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The same issues as you described. Remember to log in to the Orion server as a real administrator, not a domain administrator, when applying the hotfix.

After installing the hotfix, it may require you to restart the server. If that is the case then make sure to launch Configuration Wizard manually if it doesn't launch automatically upon reboot.

If it does not ask you to reboot then it will automatically launch Configuration Wizard for you to commit the changes. There will be two buttons in the Hotfix installer Finished page. One to run Configuration Wizard and one to run it manually later. Click to run it manually later because the Configuration Wizard would already be launched in the background. Commit the Configuration Wizard process that started automatically until successfully completed.

We're waiting on a hotfix for the hotfix installer, in order for it to run as expected.

Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Oh..k That means i better hold the upgrade which requires downtime and lot of approvals and process.

I have already done upgrade twice for Orion platform so aware of the points, but thanks for details again 🙂

Have also asked Support engineer regarding this. initally they came up with so many recommendations but then finally stated that i should first upgrade the RAM, CPU cores and CPU speed. post that they want me to run the defragmentation query on DB since it showing 90% during DB maintenance. And also they have found some stale entries, certain subscriptions to be deleted, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I understand where you're coming from what with approval process etc.

I would still suggest you apply the hotfixes whenever possible, before upgrading hardware.

Most the issues pointed out by the support rep are addressed when applying NPM 11.5.2 Hotfix 3 and Orion Platform 2015.1.2 Hotfix 6

Defragmenting database can be enabled by performing a small, non intrusive configuration change while the system is live.

Follow this guide if you haven't already: SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Critical index fragmentation detected during database maintenance

FYI

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Yup i did see the hotfix details and it had lot of things in it. Also we havent updated any post hotfix2.

Yes for degragmentation i was given this query earlier but it actually turned into a chaos for me. System went inaccessible due to high utilization so i would need more downtime even to run this since lot of defragmentation is required. And yesterday i was analysing the maintenance logs and its more of Netflow tables where this is showing higher ratio. So probably i will plan this post hotfix deployment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

i applied hotfix 6 for Orion platform. Will monitor this next week and see if all going well.

Also found few long running queries related to IPAM after i analysed the logs and stopped them from writing to DB. This also helped in reduction of resource consumption.

Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Post hotfix 6 issue or memory and CPU spike is resolved.