cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

What SQL filter syntax can I use in the Resource called "High Average CPU Load" to show only nodes with CPU >90%?

Jump to solution

I've added the High Average CPU Load resource/widget to a view.  It works perfectly, but in this View I'm not interested in seeing certain devices.  I've tried adding this to the Filter:

Vendor Like 'Cisco' OR Caption Like '*SWNPM*' OR Caption Like '*UPS*'

It works, but it shows ALL devices that match the condition of the Vendor and Caption, instead of only those with high CPU load.  I'd like to include a filter showing:

AND CPULoad > '90'    But that doesn't work.

Can I filter on CPULoad in this Widget?   If so, can I ALSO include a > criteria?  What syntax should I use to only show nodes whose CPU is greater than 90%?

Yours,

Rick Schroeder

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Did you try

CPULoad > '90' and (Vendor Like 'Cisco' OR Caption Like '*SWNPM*' OR Caption Like '*UPS*')

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Did you try

CPULoad > '90' and (Vendor Like 'Cisco' OR Caption Like '*SWNPM*' OR Caption Like '*UPS*')

View solution in original post

I did NOT try that--and it looks to be working!  Thank you, mesverrum​!

Where online can I find a syntax-education site that will help me make SQL filters that work on the first try with Solarwinds?

0 Kudos

I just learned to do it through blunt trauma of smashing my head against the desk many times while doing these over the years.

In this case you just needed to group up the Or conditions into their own block

0 Kudos

" . . . through blunt trauma . . . " 

You made me grin!

0 Kudos