cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Weird Orion webpage behavior

Jump to solution

Running Orion NPM 8.1.0 on Windows Server 2003.


I've been seeing a weird behavior for some time now, just wasn't annoyed by it enough. From the Orion NPM webpage, I can see all my alerts and see how things are changing in my network. But only for SOME devices. I login as the admin so should be able to see all devices, but I can only see some devices. I can't see devices that are newly added. I KNOW the webpage is updating as it reflects the up and down devices and traffic stats for the devices it does display. It's just not displaying ALL devices. It's almost like for some reason the IIS isn't getting data about all the devices. Anyone else seen this? Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Thanks guys!


Root Cause= I'm an idiot.


I had added a group of nodes limitation that stipulated all the known nodes at the time. As we added nodes, I never added more nodes to that group. I've since deleted that so that we are not limiting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 17

 Specifically what are the devices in question>? and have you applied all of the 8.1 Hotfixes?

0 Kudos

Do you have ANY filters applied to your views.
I found that when I applied a filter excluding certain devices by location to my down nodes view it would also exclude any nodes without a custom property defined in the "Location" field. I now make sure I define this custom property every time I add a new node.
(I think there was a request to be able to add custom properties from the System Manager when adding new nodes to address this issue).

Thanks guys!


Root Cause= I'm an idiot.


I had added a group of nodes limitation that stipulated all the known nodes at the time. As we added nodes, I never added more nodes to that group. I've since deleted that so that we are not limiting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks both of you for your suggestions.


1) I haven't patched in a while. I know I applied some in the past, but not recently.


2) Don't think I have any filters on. I will check though.


*Crap, forgot the admin login and pwd for the webpages. Now I have to figure out how to recover the admin username and pwd.

0 Kudos


*Crap, forgot the admin login and pwd for the webpages. Now I have to figure out how to recover the admin username and pwd.

 

go into the DB manager and select the NPM DB-, then go to the accounts table - query/refresh-(select-read write button) you can blank out the password and login in to create a new password.

0 Kudos

Thanks! I was able to get in, reset the pwd and then carry on with what I needed to do.

0 Kudos