cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Way to group/ merge duplicate results in the report

I'm aware that the solarwinds report is able to group the results in column but, is there a way to group or merge the duplicate results in the report and instead of displaying in column it will display in row? Here's the example:

Name      Interfaces

Node 1Interface1
Interface2
Interface3
Node 2Interface1
Interface2
Interface3

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

is it web-based report you are referring to?

0 Kudos

Yes alexslv

0 Kudos

ok, I am actually struggling to understand what exactly you are trying to achieve and why do you need this particular grouping. Would you give a case study example?

0 Kudos

Hi alexslv‌ sorry to confuse you. What I wanted to have is to group the cells (like in excel) per row and the table name is still remain to display.

0 Kudos

Did you mean column name remain to display, not table name? I am not sure if you can do so. When you create a report with Report Writer it usually does this in preview mode, but when viewed as a report - this will be grouped together so that value is displayed on top and column name is not shown. It was never an issue for me as it is definitely space saver

0 Kudos

Yeah you're right column name. I also noticed that in the report writer and I believe that is much easier to understand than the new grouping in SolarWinds web console.

0 Kudos