This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Want to add node before it is on network

I want to pre-add a node before it is actually "up".  I want to add it snmp-managed and not have to go back in later and update it to be so.  Can I do this?

Debbi

• You can only do this through the API. This will require some programming and loss of hair (see my photo)

• I would recommend against as you would not be able to fully populate the hardware health/ list inventory information. I would recommend a discovery even if you limited it to just those IP's you expected to come online at some point so it could fully discovery the interfaces/volumes, etc

Just playing around though - I took an ICMP node and did a Database Manager (be afraid, be very afraid ;-) update script that not only switched the node to SNMP but because mine is up it returns ICMP and Orion thinks it's still just fine.

update Nodes set objectsubtype='SNMP',community='your_community_string',snmpversion='2'

where nodeid = your_node_id;

*****If you mistakenly get the where clause wrong you could overwrite all your nodes - beware.