cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 7

Want Reports kept by date with date in title

I have written a report for the past 30 days and the desire is to have historic copies available on the web. What I am looking for is a way to save the report with a date or month name in the report title.

All that I can do now is show the custom rteport for the last 30 days and overlay the existing report when it is run.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Want Reports kept by date with date in title

Hello,

I am trying to get the same results from Orion Report Writer.  Would like the canned montly availability report to have the actual month and year in the title rather than just 'Availability - Last Month'.  Currently have the report delivered via email using scheduler but would liketo tweak the title.  Has anyone figured it out yet?  If so, please post.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Has anyone come up with a way to do this? I am looking for something similar. I don't need to keep historical versions, but would like the actual date range of the report included instead of the generic "Last Month" both to simplify use for our staff and to ensure that the date range being presented is accurate.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Create a scheduled job to print the report as often as you like, but make the printing process save the .pdf with the current date.

Create a scheduled task to run as frequently as you like that will copy the files to a directory in the Orion website. Then you can make them available on the website. It won't be the same as having all the reports listed on your report view, but you can build something custom to display the pdfs on the website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

My error, I just noticed how old the original post was.

To answer the most recent post... you should be able to open the report file in notepad and change the time interval in the WHERE clause in the SQL Query

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I need to insert the date in the pdf and read the previous post by DHardy. The post says to change the Where Clause in the SQL query. I was able to look at the SQL tab and the Where clause but how do I find the SQL file and what should I change the Where clause to?

0 Kudos