This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Volume Alerts

I'm setting up an alert to perfom an action when volumes reached threshold of available space. I'm trying to valide the number of time the action would run by recreating the trigger conditions via SWQL

SELECT n.caption, n.ipaddress, n.IP_Address, v.VolumeSize, v.VolumeSpaceAvailable, v.VolumePercentAvailable, v.VolumeType, v.VolumeDescription, v.VolumeID, v.VolumeIndex, v.DisplayName,v.FullName

from orion.nodes n

left join orion.Volumes v on n.NodeID = v.NodeID

WHERE v.VolumeSize IS NOT NULL

AND v.VolumePercentAvailable < 20

AND v.VolumePercentAvailable > 10

AND v.VolumeType = 'Fixed Disk'

AND v.VolumeSize < 1000000000000

AND v.DisplayName LIKE '%C:\%'

This returns 30 rows whereas my Alert Summary returns 18. The reason seems to be some quasi duplication created when the server build teams use a template to build the servers. That is, I can have a few different servers with the same drive label. I was not expecting this. If I understand what would happen here according to Alert Summary, I'm only going to produce one Alert/Action instead of 3?

C:\ Label: 089AA081SERVER1-C:\ Label: 089AA081
C:\ Label: 089AA081SERVER2-C:\ Label: 089AA081
C:\ Label: 089AA081SERVER3-C:\ Label: 089AA081