This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Views per device

I am looking to have a map for a few of my devices.  They are not all the same nor do I want a map for all of the like devices.

I was wondering if there was a way to have a specialized view for an individual device opposed to having to set it by device type?
Maybe I am just missing how to set it but I'd really like this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• What I have done is create a new map with Orion Network Atlas.  You can put your own custom background behind your map for your devices.  I use a visio diagram saved as an image.  They you can add different shaped leds within Network Atlas that can change status based on a device or if you right click on a led you added to the map and do properties you can drag specific interfaces from your devices under your nodes list onto it to effect what causes the leds to change status.  By doing a little experimentation and reading about network atlas from the admin guide to can create a custom map that shows that status of just what you are interested in.  Here's a link to what others have done:

• Go under Admin, and under the Views group, select "Views by device type".  You may want ot create a view first, then apply it to a device type.

• Thank you for the reply, guys. 

I know how to make maps no problem and the same thing with making views.

What I am trying to accomplish is;

I have 4 switches, all of which are the same type of device.  I would like each of these to have their own view,  not shared with each other.

• I would also like to be able to do this.  I have a similar issue, but with UPS devices.  We have a mix of 120V up to 230V UPS devices. 

Solarwinds Groups my like devices, so when I use the View by Device Type, I only have one page option that I can display.  That might be fine, but the Pollers used for these devices are the same, even though the results returned are different.