cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Views, Groups and Home Summary Page

Hello All,

Is there a way that I can display a list of groups on a Summary Page ?

Basically we have our devices in Groups , then with a custom property for the devices in those groups we have defined them as either North or South, so what we would like to do is have a Summary page with 2 tabs one that lists just the North Groups and one that lists the South Groups. Is this possible ?

Regards 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 10

Hi, Thanks for the replys folks, unfortunately these dont/work (for what I want/my ability)

Custom Table - Issues encountered are that it has a "Time Period" field and in "Table Layout" there is no option to add a Group and even if there was how would you then list the nodes in that group ?

Custom Object Resource - I dont get any filtering options so while I can list all the groups I cannot filter them in anyway 

0 Kudos

I'd think the custom table should work, I don't think a Time-based data series is required (should be a way to remove that).

Alternatively you could also possibly achieve the filtering with a view limitation. Maybe a custom swql query resource might be needed to get the level of functionality you're looking for.
0 Kudos
Level 12

I think you can use a Orion Maps widget and display Group icons only on the map.  I havent played much with the new maps but I know with Atlas you could do this.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

@sdawson35 A Custom Table widget would also work well in this case.  Just remember under the group name use the details page link to ensure you can click on the group name to go to the details page if desired.  

0 Kudos
Level 16

You can try a custom object resource and filter by the group as seen below.

neomatrix1217_0-1585327173981.pngneomatrix1217_1-1585327321958.png

0 Kudos