cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

View limitation for Group Summary view

Jump to solution

I would like to create a custom Group Summary view by applying a view limitation so that the All Groups resource shows only certain groups. How do I format a view limitation based on group name pattern? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Found the answer. Certain view limitation options such as Group Name Pattern do not need a reference to a table or field in the database. In other words, one need not add "GroupName" or "Name", etc in the box. All that is needed is for you to place the filter text surrounded by the SQL wild card character, which is an asterisk. So, if I want the All Groups resource to show only Groups that have "SQL" in the name, I just enter *SQL* in the blank. Works like a charm.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 15

1) Create a group summary page

2) Customize page

3) Select View Limitations

groupview1.jpg

4) Select your limitation category. (Group of Groups allows you to select groups via check boxes. The Group Name Pattern option selects groups by matching a string you define using % as a wildcard)

groupview2.jpg

-ZackM

http://www.loop1systems.com

Thank you for your response, but I know how and where to set up the view limitation, but the filter that I am entering in the box is not working. I have some groups with "SQL" in the name, but when I type, "GriupName Like '%SQL%' in the box, the resulting All Groups resource is blank. No error, but nothing in the resource.

0 Kudos

Try just

%SQL%

I do not remember having to use the SQL clause in this particular instance.

0 Kudos

No good. Anything I put in the Configure Limitation box results in nothing being displayed in the All Groups resourcfe and the other resulrces on the view having an error:

grouperror.jpg

grouperrortoo.jpg

0 Kudos

you might put in a ticket to support on this one. I am not getting the errors you are seeing on this end.

0 Kudos

Found the answer. Certain view limitation options such as Group Name Pattern do not need a reference to a table or field in the database. In other words, one need not add "GroupName" or "Name", etc in the box. All that is needed is for you to place the filter text surrounded by the SQL wild card character, which is an asterisk. So, if I want the All Groups resource to show only Groups that have "SQL" in the name, I just enter *SQL* in the blank. Works like a charm.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos