This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

View The MIBs Solarwinds Is useing to to pull information form added devices

Is there a way to find out what mibs Solarwinds Orion  is currently using on a particular device ?

• There are various KB articles like these

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: What object IDs (OIDs) does Orion NPM poll for interface information? What types of interfa…

You can punch in these OIDs in say NPM's Universal Device Poller as if you are trying to create a new custom poller, and click on 'Browse MIB tree' and it will take you straight to the MIB. A google search of these OIDs will also help you locate the MIBs.

What is the purpose of this exercise, if I may ask?

• Yes but I want to know what Orion is Currently using not whatt I am trying to add using UDP. what OID is SolarWinds using to pull routing information from my router or what OID is SolarWinds using to pull interface information. I know how the Universal Device Poller works But I want to know what SolarWinds is using out of the Box.

• There's isn't one tell all document that lists out every OID that is polled by default.  Most of them are going to be the mib-2 rfc standards with some exceptions where some vendors have their own MIBs.  One way to look at what is being polled is by openeing the PollerChecker.exe tool.  Selectingg a node, and a poller to test will show the different MIBs SolarWinds tests for.  Otherwise, you'd have to search the KBs to see how many of the articles similar to what HolyGuacamole posted in his response.  As a tertiary option, you could always run WireShark on the Orion server, filter it to a specific device IP and udp port 161 to see all the SNMP requests and responses that are done between SolarWinds and the device.