cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

View Limitation based on Custom properties?

Jump to solution

View Limitation based on Custom properties
I am monitoring a Global environment and would like to separate some views for the different
Sub-Regions. This would make the shown info of bigger relevance to the different Solarwinds users instead of them seeing alerts or problems that they are not responsible for in solving.

I wanted to do this true creating a “View Limitation” for the different Sub-Regions.
I have already created different users and views for the different users.

Unfortunately I was not able to make a “View Limitation” based on the custom property "Sub_region".
All other options are a lot of manual work and not maintainable (each sub-region has hundreds of nodes)  and therefore not really feasible.

Any suggestions……

1 Solution

The account limitation builder is a separate tool found in "Start->Programs->SolarWinds Orion->Grouping and Access Control".  Once you are in the tool you will need to add a new limitation and select your custom property from the drop down menu.  Once you add it here it should be available in the web console.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Level 12

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

0 Kudos
Level 14

There will be a class on 9/21/16 over custom properties. It will be recorded and posted in the Customer Portal for later viewing. https://thwack.solarwinds.com/events/1878

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

So you created the custom property correct?  Did you then use the Account Limitation Builder?

0 Kudos

Hi bshopp

I was not aware that it was posible to create a custom propertie incorrect but let me add the screenshot.

I tried the account limitation builder if you mean the one as shown in the screenshot..

By the way no limitations are on the screenshot as i can't find the possibility to select the Custom properties in the list that is shown after clicking the shown button.

0 Kudos

The account limitation builder is a separate tool found in "Start->Programs->SolarWinds Orion->Grouping and Access Control".  Once you are in the tool you will need to add a new limitation and select your custom property from the drop down menu.  Once you add it here it should be available in the web console.

View solution in original post

In case anyone is looking for this, we have an official Success Center article for this process:

Create limitations based on custom properties

For example, this is necessary to create a view limitation based on Department in the Custom Properties, even though Department is a canned Custom Property- it currently still requires a custom View Limitation be created.