This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Various problems with NPM

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello,

I've been struggling with Orion for a few weeks now.. All Cisco switches being polled by Orion has high CPU usage (near 100% Average, depending on the model), when I debug SNMP packets, they never stop flowing, so I'm guessing the switches are being polled constantly as I havn't enabled any traps on the switch.

Another issue is that I deleted a switch from nodes, and when I start the "SolarWinds Job Engine v2" service, the switch CPU usage returns to 100%, packets being dropped and basicly unmanagable. I've searched the Solarwinds database and the only tables where I can find the IP address of said switch is "NodesOLD" and "DiscoveryIgnoredNodes".

FYI: I noticed that Orion was slow. This was a result of a bug in a previous version where AlertHistory table wasn't cleared. This means that Database Maintenance was crashing every night (meaning the Database hadn't run maintenance for an estimated 3 years). I cleaned it up and can now complete database maintenance.

Switches are being polled with SNMPv2.

My setup:

Windows Server 2012R2

Microsoft SQL 2014

Products:

NetPath v1.1.2

Cloud Monitoring v2.0.0

Database Performance Analyzer Integration Module v11.1.0

User Device Tracker v3.3.0

Virtual Infrastructure Monitor v8.2.0

Network Performance Monitor v12.2

Server & Application Monitor v6.6.0