This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Validating website while running configuration wizard in Orion 2020.2

Hi All,

I have installed Orion 2020.2 in Windows 2019 servers.  While running the configuration wizard I have seen the below.

Can some one tell me if this is an expected one, if not any reason for that.

config.png

Also in the additional polling engines the configuration wizard completed successfully but with warnings as below. Agent was not installed in APEs.

config2.png

In the Information service log file I can see the below log files continuously.

2020-07-29 02:13:57,335 [111] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.Internationalization.I18n - (null) (null) Localization key $Orion.NodesStats.TotalMemory.units not found.
2020-07-29 02:15:08,231 [131] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.Internationalization.I18n - Database-Maint| Database-Maint.exe| SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.InformationService.SwisSchemaSource.LoadProperties()| (null) Localization key $Orion.Nodes.MemoryAvailable.units not found.

• The Website message is normal, the CW waits for the website to turn up to test accessibility.

The agents sometimes have an issue installing, you might need to check port availability. 22, 135, 445 are needed for install

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/orionplatform/Content/core-solarwinds-port-requirements.htm#OrionAgent

You can check the Manage Agent's page to see if your servers are listed and might need some 'attention', but If your servers are not showing on the Manage Agent Page, then you will need to attempt a deploy from the web console, or manually DL and install the agents on each server that was missed.

•   Thanks for you response.

Yes, I was able to install the agents manually in the server and also through webconsole. But got the same error in both APEs. Just curious to know if there is any issue with website as its showing website is still initializing.

Also will you be able to help me with the below error log in the information service log file.

2020-07-29 02:13:57,335 [111] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.Internationalization.I18n - (null) (null) Localization key $Orion.NodesStats.TotalMemory.units not found.
    2020-07-29 02:15:08,231 [131] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.Internationalization.I18n - Database-Maint| Database-Maint.exe| SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.InformationService.SwisSchemaSource.LoadProperties()| (null) Localization key $Orion.Nodes.MemoryAvailable.units not found.

• Can you tell me which server this log message is coming from? Main Engine or the APE's

Also, did you perform an upgrade or is this a new install? .Net 4.8 is installed (and servers rebooted afterward)?

If you are seeing Event ID 1006 on the Servers there might be an issue with performance counters

To Start, I would verify your performance counter library on the servers, possibly using lodctr /R if they need to be rebuilt.

ref: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/300956/how-to-manually-rebuild-performance-counter-library-values

If there are no 1006 Events then you may need more information, either directly from within the ConfigurationWizard.log or installer logs.

If this is the case and no clear article leads to a TS path then open a support case. Please let us know if you have more data in logs/errors and which server (Main Engine or APE) they come from.