This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMware Cluster View

Greetings fellow nerds,

I am trying to create a dashboard for my non-tech manager to see some VMware data. Right now, what I want to do is add the Effective CPU Load and % Memory Used of 2 different cluster all one page.

I'm unable to find that view under the Summary page. Am I missing something or is this even possible?

•  There are lots of ways to accomplish this. I should note however that in order to access the VMWare Cluster data, you will likely need the Virtualization Manager Module installed. You may choose to use a Custom Chart or Custom Table widget, define the data-source, and then choose some options for how you want to display. OR, you can launch the Performance Analysis Dashboard usually under My Dashboards > Home > Performance Analysis and use this tool to select both clusters and drag and drop the metrics you are interested in.  

jblankjblank_0-1597096685520.png

Once you have what you need, you can always Save this project, and then by going to any Summary View/ Dashboard, select Add Widget and search for your project. This PerfStack Project will be available to include on your view.  

• This looks awesome ! However, I don't think we have the Virtualization Manager Module.

These are the modules we have installed - Orion Platform 2018.2 HF6, IPAM 4.7.0, VNQM 4.5.0, NCM 7.8, NPM 12.3, DPAIM 11.1.0, NTA 4.4.0, SAM 6.7.0, NetPath 1.1.3

Is there anyway to get that data without the VMM?

• Techincally  you should likely have cluster info without the VMAN module. Your current version may be a limiting factor and I would recommend upgrading, but you should be able to launch perfstack > add an entity > change nodes to virtual cluster and perform a similar task that i did in the example.  

• Thanks for the feedback  . I figured that that an upgrade would needed. We're gonna work on updating all our modules this month. I'll report back afterwards.

A quick question though, Like to you said, I am able to get that basic cluster information, but unable to get the perfstack at this time. Do you know if it possible to get the memory used (like the one below) for two separate clusters on a single page?

egas_0-1597409647724.png

•  - PerfStack is the easiest way - but if your version does not have that feature, you could use a Custom Chart Widget. Add that widget to a view and click configure > choose your datasource like so:

jblankjblank_0-1597423016969.png

Then choose time period, and the data series. It may hake sense in this case to do two separate charts, one for memory, and one for CPU, but you can switch this up however you need/ prefer.  

jblankjblank_1-1597423207970.png

jblankjblank_2-1597423298043.png

or

jblankjblank_3-1597423345530.png

and then follow the same path with CPU. Move the widgets where ever you want for your custom dashboard.  

• Sorry - if you are wanting to display the graph as a column you have that option too. And it could also be stacked column. Depending on your time periods and sample interval - i have my own personal preferences there in how it looks.  

jblankjblank_0-1597423831407.png