This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VM Host shows all physical interfaces active, when they are not all active

I have an issue with NPM incorrectly determines all physical interfaces on a VM Host as active, when they are not all physically active. 

The problem is that when doing a “list resources” on a VM host, it shows all the physical interfaces as being active.  However, not all physical interfaces are active or even have a cable plugged into them.  This is confirmed when going into the VMWare Infrastructure client, and viewing the network interfaces for the host... In our case, half are used and half are “down”, which correspond to the ones that are not in use.

That issue can be a  huge problem... Mainly because now, if an interface goes down, how will we know ?  I need that one resolved ASAP!  Am I missing some configuration or something ?