cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ACDII
Level 12

Re: V9 Upgrades - Let's here the stories

I ran into the same thing, still upgrading now, but had me frustrated to no end. Finally a reboot solved it.

Addendum: The install went OK, had a few glitches with VOIP monitor, but after I figured out that part, the rest of the install went smooth, no crashes, no unusual abnormalities, and I noticed the web front speed has improved, still no where near the speed of version 7, but much better than version 8.0. The addition of Node management to the web is a huge leap forward for Orion, something that has been sorely needed, and it works! All it needs now is Alert management from the web and it would be perfect.

0 Kudos
Motty99
Level 9

An update to the problem of loss of polling...

I had everything go "unknown" this morning, so naturally, the alerts I have set for things being up shot off, and nearly killed my boss!....I stopped and started all the SolarWinds services, and everthing poll "up" again...it seems like it started after I got an APM and NPM started message....I sure as heck don't want to downgrade...does anyone know what service controls these?...I could script a stop and start to maybe control this problem...seems like it only happens once a day...

0 Kudos
denny.lecompte
Level 19

Moty99,

Dev looked at your post and has some thoughts, but we'd really need to see your diagnostic file.  Could you open a Support ticket?

0 Kudos
Motty99
Level 9

Denny...

Already opened with diags sent....50267..

Did some shooting this morning...if I stop and start the Job Engine, everything screams unknown...I stop and start the Module Engine...then stop and start both the Job Engine and the Job Scheduler (in any order), everything comes back...

Yes, I am available for QA...Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Motty99
Level 9

Another weird bug...when an event comes in, it is shown twice...but if you refresh, it shows only once...!

0 Kudos
profzoom1
Level 10

Another issue to report now.

Custom properties for alerts are not working. I have custom alerts setup and custom properties in these alerts and after the upgrade the alerts are no longer working when we have device go down. I am able to test fire alerts just fine, email and everything else works when I test. When I actually have an alert get triggered the alert does not fire off an email or anything else only shows up in the alert window that there was an alert but no email sent out. Not sure what is going on with this now. I have recreated the alert from scratch to see if that would resolve this and it has not.

I have submitted a ticket 50637

Back to square one nothing working the way it is suppose to or was prior to Ver. 9 upgrade.

Universal Poller will not install correctly or run, Adavanced alerts not working sending emails.

I am working with support on getting this fixed but I really don't think we are doing anything out of the ordinary with our setup.

HP server quad Processor, Installation directory is on a different drive then OS and database is on a SQL server 2005 cluster.

0 Kudos
johnlloyd_13
Level 7

after we made v9 upgrade, our orion web console takes some time to enable tree view mode. it's doing "loading," even in netflow. anyone one has ideas to speed up this "loading" process? thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
brn5336
Level 9

Forward Traps and Syslog and retain the source IP Address of the original device

This feature does not seem to be working.  When I forward a syslog message to the Kiwi Syslog Daemon running on another server it puts the IP address of the Orion server, not the original device.

0 Kudos
denny.lecompte
Level 19

after we made v9 upgrade, our orion web console takes some time to enable tree view mode. it's doing "loading," even in netflow. anyone one has ideas to speed up this "loading" process? thanks in advance!

Is this happening in all views?  Or only in NTA?  Are you running NTA 3.0?  The asynchronous loading is a performance feature of the NetFlow module. 

0 Kudos
denny.lecompte
Level 19

Forward Traps and Syslog and retain the source IP Address of the original device

This feature does not seem to be working.  When I forward a syslog message to the Kiwi Syslog Daemon running on another server it puts the IP address of the Orion server, not the original device.

We need more detail.  Can you open a Support ticket?

0 Kudos