1. The Service Manager, with the events open...I've notice that on doing multiple refreshes, I've had the Manager lock up...had to kill in Task Manager...this happen a number of times yesterday....
2. Last night we had a number of down alerts...the came back during our reboot period (3 to 5am)...at 5, all the downs were reported...they were not down...I rebooted Orion and they all came back...wondering if a service got in a weird state...if this happens again, I will check for that..
Have you opened Support tickets? Our top priority is fixing any v9 issues, but we have to prioritize those that have a Support ticket.
Upgrading from 8.5 to 9, after .net 3.5 installed and rebooted It installed with no issues. When running the configuration wizard I got the following error:
"The current user has not be assigned a valid default database. Use SQL Management tools to create a new database, and then assign it as the default database for the current user"
I called support and they quickly had me delete a default registry key and rerun the configuration wizard. Worked just fine.
After another failure of Orion 9 with Netflow 3 last night at the same time: 12:11am, we are trying to fall back to 8.5.1 but we are getting the error: Cannot add index (IX_custompollerassignment_pollerID) to CustomPollerAsssignment....
Yeah, nothing new here.
I'm still waiting to hear from SW as to how they are going to fix Orion 9 with netflow 3.
They said they wanted to work the issue but I can't "run" with a version that crashes everyday.
As of now we can't go back to 8.5.1 untill the database is restored.
And this is what I got when I requested:
Overall my upgrade went very smoothly. I'm guessing that is mostly due to the fact that we just moved from SL100 to SLX a month ago and installed everything on a new server. I'm sure the newness of the install helped a lot.
The only glitch I had was when I launched the install it said I had to upgrade my VoIP monitor because ver. 1.0 was not supported. I guess I missed the install note that said you had to be on VoIP 2.0 SP2. Problem is I was on VoIP 2.0 SP1, not ver 1.0. So I guess the installer identified my VoIP 2.0 SP1 incorrectly as VoIP 1.0. I fixed the issue by loading VoIP 2.0 SP2. After that the install ran just fine.
My upgrade also went through without any major issues. We have noticed that the X-axis on the graphs seems to have a mind of its own but that is very well documented in another thread.
The upgrade took about 30 minutes on a SL2000 Poller with about 2700 total elements. We upgraded from 8.5.1 SP3 and this same poller has been upgraded several times over the years so it isn't really what I would call a fresh server. We are also running the APM 1.0 SP2 and this did not need to be reinstalled and functions normally after the upgrade.
The universal poller is extremly useful and has saved me at least 2 hours worth of management time for one of our devices.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.