cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
denny.lecompte
Level 19

Re: V9 Upgrades - Let's here the stories

1. The Service Manager, with the events open...I've notice that on doing multiple refreshes, I've had the Manager lock up...had to kill in Task Manager...this happen a number of times yesterday....

2. Last night we had a number of down alerts...the came back during our reboot period (3 to 5am)...at 5, all the downs were reported...they were not down...I rebooted Orion and they all came back...wondering if a service got in a weird state...if this happens again, I will check for that..

Have you opened Support tickets?  Our top priority is fixing any v9 issues, but we have to prioritize those that have a Support ticket.

0 Kudos
hoeflchr
Level 7

Upgrading from 8.5 to 9, after .net 3.5 installed and rebooted It installed with no issues. When running the configuration wizard I got the following error:

"The current user has not be assigned a valid default database. Use SQL Management tools to create a new database, and then assign it as the default database for the current user"

I called support and they quickly had me delete a default registry key and rerun the configuration wizard. Worked just fine.

0 Kudos
Motty99
Level 9

Just did...50267...thanks Denny

0 Kudos
bbusbey
Level 11

After another failure of Orion 9 with Netflow 3 last night at the same time: 12:11am, we are trying to fall back to 8.5.1 but we are getting the error:  Cannot add index (IX_custompollerassignment_pollerID) to CustomPollerAsssignment....

0 Kudos
bbusbey
Level 11

Great News,

Solarwinds says the only way to roll back to Orion 8.5.1 is to restore the Database.

0 Kudos
WHAT
Level 7

WooHoo! no thnx, then I would lose the data I have been collecting from the last week of the parts of Orion that DO work! 

0 Kudos
bbusbey
Level 11

Yeah, nothing new here.

I'm still waiting to hear from SW as to how they are going to fix Orion 9 with netflow 3.

They said they wanted to work the issue but I can't "run" with a version that crashes everyday. 

As of now we can't go back to 8.5.1 untill the database is restored. 

And this is what I got when I requested:

When is Solarwinds ever going to fix their Database Manager to not require SA rights???!!!

0 Kudos
profzoom1
Level 10

Ok Sorry, very frustrated but the last upgrade and this one have not gone as smoothe as planned.

0 Kudos
rjacobs9
Level 7

Overall my upgrade went very smoothly.  I'm guessing that is mostly due to the fact that we just moved from SL100 to SLX a month ago and installed everything on a new server.  I'm sure the newness of the install helped a lot.

The only glitch I had was when I launched the install it said I had to upgrade my VoIP monitor because ver. 1.0 was not supported.  I guess I missed the install note that said you had to be on VoIP 2.0 SP2.  Problem is I was on VoIP 2.0 SP1, not ver 1.0.  So I guess the installer identified my VoIP 2.0 SP1 incorrectly as VoIP 1.0.   I fixed the issue by loading VoIP 2.0 SP2.  After that the install ran just fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jhay317
Level 10

My upgrade also went through without any major issues.  We have noticed that the X-axis on the graphs seems to have a mind of its own but that is very well documented in another thread. 

The upgrade took about 30 minutes on a SL2000 Poller with about 2700 total elements.  We upgraded from 8.5.1 SP3 and this same poller has been upgraded several times over the years so it isn't really what I would call a fresh server.  We are also running the APM 1.0 SP2 and this did not need to be reinstalled and functions normally after the upgrade.

The universal poller is extremly useful and has saved me at least 2 hours worth of management time for one of our devices.

Thanks,

0 Kudos