This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Utilization calculation off on view but correct in chart

Looking at an interface for one device and we're seeing that the utilization is really only 9% for our device. The chart shows this as well and all is good there but when you look at the interface details view for this interface it's showing around 90% utilization. The numbers change a little but it's no where near that level of utilization and the fact that NPM is contradicting itself makes me wonder what's going on. Anyone else have this kind of issue and know of an easy way to fix it?

• I've found that in the DB it's calculating the inbps and outpbs  as whole numbers and not decimal numbers as the other interfaces are and that when you round the numbers returned after each poll for those columns you'll get the utilization numbers it's showing that are incorrect. Example is outpbs is 8555676 and when you take the first two numbers and round on the third you get 86 which is what the number in OutPercentUtil. This is very strange behavior, has anyone else seen this?

• I've fixed this by repairing the website. I'd like to know what would have caused this and if there is a way to fix it without having to drop all services in the middle of the work day.