This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using regex for syslog alerts

I have been trying to create an alert to forward some syslog messages using a regular expression. I'm using almost the exactly same expression for a different alert and it is working. The messages I am trying to alert on are longer and suspect that is the issue. 

Here is a message I want to alert on.

7/15/2008 9:20 AM : Application Jul 15 2008 12:15:56 SERVER01 %Application: SysmonLog : Counter: \\SERVER01\MSMQService\Total messages in all queues has tripped its alert threshold. The counter value of 6155 is over the limit value of 5000.

This is the regular expression I am using that I beleive should work. It should catch any messages that contain the string "SysmonLog" but not if it also contains the string "restarted". 

^(?=.*?\bSysmonLog\b)((?!restarted).)*$ 

I think the issue is the length of the message exceeds the ability of Orion's filter. Has anyone had luck with a similar task?