This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using a date variable in Trigger Condition

Hi everyone,

I have a property called Warranty_Expiration.  This property holds data in this format:

30/12/2011 00:00:00

What I would like to do is use a Trigger Condition like this:

Warranty_Expiration is greater than or equal to ${ShortDate}

Should the above work?

Thanks!

• Hi

I'm also interested in how to do this.

/Thomas

• This condition "Warranty_Expiration is greater than or equal to ${ShortDate}" will not work simply because it would not allow to enter ${Shortdate}.Instead this option should eventually work.

In the Trigger Conditions Tab ,select "Custom SQL Alert" for 'Type of Property to Monitor'.And then for the option 'Setup the Trigger Query' make an appropriate selection.It can be Node if this is applied at Node level or Interface if it is applied at Interface level.

And then you can write your SQL query and make sure to use "Validate SQL" found at the bottom.

Hope this helps.Posting back the SQL query once you have them working on this post should be very helpful for other users too.

Thanks in Advance.