cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Using a VBscript to post HTTP

Dear SW Community,

I am trying to run an HTTP post using VB script. I am not successful. Need help in this regard.

========================

Dim objArgs

Dim sUrl

Dim sRequest

Set objArgs = Wscript.Arguments

'URL to open....

sUrl = "MYURL"

'POST Request to send.

sRequest = "MESSAGE" & objArgs(0)

HTTPPost sUrl, sRequest

Function HTTPPost(sUrl, sRequest)

set oHTTP = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

oHTTP.open "POST", sUrl,false

oHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

oHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Length", Len(sRequest)

oHTTP.send sRequest

HTTPPost = oHTTP.responseText

End Function

========================

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello,

What is the context for using this script? Orion provides a HTTP Get/Post alert trigger action to cover basic use cases. Send a GET or POST request through HTTP or HTTPS in the Orion Platform

0 Kudos

Thx for your reply. I actually want to use the "Send or get a post request" feature in the Syslog Viewer/Trap Viewer alerts. Since this option is not available there so i want to use this option(send/post http) using VBscript option (which is available in the syslog/trap viewer).

Please do share if you can find something related to my request. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Good news! Log Analyzer for Orion® offer a significant improvement on how we handle syslog/traps and includes the ability to leverage all the alert trigger actions  Creating an Orion Alert with Log Analyzer

0 Kudos

Thx for your reply, our Management would not allow to spend extra on the Log Analyzer...

0 Kudos

You are in luck. You can achieve exactly what you need without additional spend, by upgrading NPM to the latest platform release 2019.4 and choosing the OLV add-on during the installation. Orion Log Viewer the New and Improved Version of the Syslog and Trap Viewers