cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Using NPM with SL2000 - can I still use an additional polling engine?

Jump to solution

I'm looking into the possibility of installing an additional polling engine.  We are nowhere near polling capacity, but we are thinking of setting one up as a remote polling engine at a customer location.  For security reasons, the main polling engine cannot have direct connectivity to all of the monitored nodes.  So we were looking at putting a remote polling engine in a DMZ that can poll locally and forward the data back across a WAN link to a central datacenter.

The only additional polling engine on the price list is for the SLX NPM license.  And I don't see the additional polling engine as an option in my downloads.  So does this mean I have to upgrade to SLX before I can add an additional polling engine?  Or maybe I'm missing something

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 15

Yes, you can still purchase the additional polling engine even though you only own an NPM SL 2000.  Just keep in mind that your license will limited to 2000 nodes, 2000 volumes, and 2000 interfaces for the entire environment (main polling engine and the additional polling engine).  If you're interested in evaluating the additional polling engine you can email me directly or the sales team (sales@solarwinds.com) and we can get you the evaluation bits.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 15

Yes, you can still purchase the additional polling engine even though you only own an NPM SL 2000.  Just keep in mind that your license will limited to 2000 nodes, 2000 volumes, and 2000 interfaces for the entire environment (main polling engine and the additional polling engine).  If you're interested in evaluating the additional polling engine you can email me directly or the sales team (sales@solarwinds.com) and we can get you the evaluation bits.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi, I have same question here and just want to clarify:

So, regardless of the number of licenses we have for NPM - our only option for additional polling engine would be Unlimited Licenses at full price, right? So, what if I have just SL100 product and need additional polling engine (as described above - for security purpose or as in our case - due to geographical separation of devices) - what are my options here? What would be price for polling engine in this case?

With Gratitude,
Alex Soul
0 Kudos