cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Upgrading?

Jump to solution

I have am in the process of upgrading my Solarwinds environment to the latest levels of all of our products.  Currently, we have the following installed:

NPM - 10.1.2 SP1

APM - 4.0.2 SP3

IPSLAMGR - 3.5.1

NTA - 3.7

In all of the documentation that I have seen it says to upgrade NPM first.  When I attempted that on our test network, I got an error message that said that I have to upgrade all of my installed modules before I can upgrade NPM.  Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

Hi Iross94,

the issue you describe is caused by modules, that are too old to be compatible with NPM 10.4.1 (e.g. NTA 3.7). Compatibility matrix you can find on SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Compatibility of SolarWinds Orion Products for Installation and Upgrade . In fact you will need to perform phased upgrade. E.g. upgrade NPM to version 10.3, than all modules to highest supported versions and then to NPM 10.4.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 13

Hi Iross94,

the issue you describe is caused by modules, that are too old to be compatible with NPM 10.4.1 (e.g. NTA 3.7). Compatibility matrix you can find on SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Compatibility of SolarWinds Orion Products for Installation and Upgrade . In fact you will need to perform phased upgrade. E.g. upgrade NPM to version 10.3, than all modules to highest supported versions and then to NPM 10.4.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

The Compatibility matrix needs to be updated to include the FOE compatibility with other products, like UDT, NCM, NTA, etc. and the additional pollers.

for example the current FOE is not compatible with additional pollers for NCM 7.1 and later (breaking one of the major reasons I did the upgrade)

Richard

0 Kudos

Thanks, Jan.  This is going to turn into a nightmare, because of our unwieldy change management process.  I had looked at that compatibility matrix orginally and though that I was ok, then after I put my change in Solarwinds released 10.4.  I changed gears an moved forward with 10.4 and never went back to look at the compatibility matrix to see how 10.4 fit into our environment.  Thanks once again.

0 Kudos