This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrading all of our services to NPM 12

Hey folks, I'm doing a little bit of research about upgrading all of our services to the latest 12.0 release. I went to the upgrade advisor wizard and plugged everything in and here's what it recommended.

1Upgrade Network Performance Monitor from version 11.5.3 to version 12.0
2Upgrade Network Configuration Manager from version 7.4.1 to version 7.5.0
3Upgrade User Device Tracker from version 3.2.3 to version 3.2.4

Upgrade Server & Application Monitor from version 6.2.3 to version 6.2.4

Now at the bottom of SW we also have DPA 10.0.1, VNQM 4.2.3, 2.1.1, & QOE 2.0, I couldn't find these in the wizard, are these just components of the major ones or do these have another name in the wizard that doesn't follow the abbreviations? And lastly, are there any recommendations for the upgrade other than installing them in order?Just trying to get as much info as I can before we make the jump. Thanks

• Hello, the upgrade advisor is helping to solve the inter-version compatibility obstacles, which may appear during the upgrade (e.g. some of your products may not me compatible with the planned version). The mentioned products, which you didn't see in the advisor (but not sure what's the 2.1.1 - maybe Patch Manager?) are compatible with NPM 12, so their upgrade is on your choice. QoE is bundled with NPM and shares its compatibility constraints. However NPM 12.1 will be available soon if you would want to jump directly on newer version.

• Do you mean NPM 12.0.1? I see that available as RC3 from the customer portal, but I haven't seen 12.1 mentioned anywhere yet.

• Ah... excuse me. You're correct. It's NPM 12.0.1