This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgraded to 10.1 from 9.1, Nodes with problems display issues

Now that I am on 10.1, any node that is down, except for nodes that were down during the upgrade, do not show as down, with the red ball, they show green with unknown interfaces instead. Another thing I found, response time is no longer being graphed, nothing charted since the upgrade.  I also found tht if a node was down during the upgrade, and came back up after  the upgrade, Orion didnt change. I had to re-add the node, then it changed.

I need to have these items fixed as they are confusing the techs here, is a node down, or what?

• ACDII--

If you don't hear from community, open a support ticket.

Also, we have two hotfixes for NPM 10.1 available in your customer portal. You could try downloading them.

M

• OK I will try the hotfixes.

• I would try:

repairing the orion modules (from add/remove) and re-run the config wizard.

Or, I had a problem where some stuff wasn't being recorded (ping times) and it turn out to be a sql job that was suppose to re-index tables but it got hung somewhere in the process, so I rebooted the SQL and it started working.

• Well I applied the hotfix, and now the NPM service will not stay running. The Collector Polling Controller also stops. Re-running the configuration wizard now, but it looks like it may be hung.

• Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    NetPerfMonService
    Event Category:    Severe
    Event ID:    1
    Date:        12/20/2010
    Time:        9:41:01 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:  
    Description:
    NetPerfMon Service Error:

Engine Initialization Error:
    Detailed Error: No Software License Key Installed for
    Standard Edition
    Error: Orion8NetPerfMon-101

OKAY what happened to the license?

• I am going to have an SE reach out to you to assist

• Thanks, I opened a support ticket after trying the license manager and it failed.

• Well, it took a bit, but it is finally working. I wont know if the DB problem is related to the problem I had for a while, hoping it is resolved.

Here is what happened, so anyone who is going to install this, or upgrade, needs to keep this in mind until they fix the current installation program.

I run a 64 bit Win2K3 server with the applications on a D:\ drive. The Install was not configured to be on any other drive except for C:.  Since my C: drive is only 16G and only used for the OS, there isn't room to install Orion on it, and the RAID is setup with small drives for the OS and large drives for the APP's, RAID 10.  So they were able to find the registry fixes for this.   The fix is for me, may not work for others if they run 32 bit apps along with Orion. My server is dedicated to Orion only, so that is the only app on it.

Now I can reinstall the SLA and NTA and be done with it.

• Thanks ACDII for posting this for the community.

M