This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade problems

I have upgraded to 8.5 and applied the hotfix. However, strange things still going on. I already tried the "Rename \Inetpub\Solarwinds\Orion\custom.config.txt to custom.config" trick - that didn't solve anything. In fact, when leaving the file name to the latter, I couldn't log in. So the file is still called custom.config.txt (replaced localhost with IP though).

• To re-manage unmanaged objects, I have to make a resource list first.
  • A customized view with a big map on the left and other stuff on the right, shuffles around so that I get the "right stuff" above the map.
  • When trying to edit account limitations, I get this error:

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.ArgumentException: An entry with the same key already exists.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at Orion_Admin_EditDefaultNetObject.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  • Regarding the editing of account limitations This is a known issue with the release of Orion v8.5, which our Development team is currently working on a hotfix for this issue. We will inofrm you immediately once we have a fix for this issue. 

If this on the additional web server? You may be able to resolve the KeyNotFoundException by copying the *.Schema files from your main Orion server (in C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion) to the same directory on the extra web server.

• We are running one NPM SLX and one polling engine. Web-server resides on the primary server.