This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade from from 11.0.1 to 11.5 just tanked!

My upgrade from 11.0.1 to 11.5 just tanked! Here is my Case # 784008 Created: Upgrading to NPM 11.5 and cannot continue install. Still no response from Solarwinds support. I am getting this configuration wizard error stating multiple instances are running and there is an active running on the additional webserver. I have not even started to upgrade the additional webserver. Very irritating must say! Has anyone out there experienced this during their upgrade if so what did you do to fix it?

• Hello,

looks like some previous Configuration wizard didn't finish properly. Active CW session is stored in DB in the Settings table. If you check that table like

SELECT * FROM Settings WHERE SettingID LIKE 'CW-ActiveInstance-%'

and it returns you some results, we got it.
    In case no CW is really running on your machines, you should be able to unblock the CW by removing that record from the DB.

Honza

• Alright my issue is resolved! Solarwinds tech needed to go the database and delete the orphaned instance. he went to the database below netperfmon queiered the settings with the commands below and found the orphaned instance settings SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[Settings] select * FROM Settings WHERE SettingsID LIKE 'CW-ActiveInstance-%'

• Thank you for the assisting my Solarwinds Tech helped me out finally right as you posted this. :D I knew it was the SQL database issue. He had me reboot our SQL server right before even trying this. Which was really irritating but to each his own right? I wish I knew more about SQL.