cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Unmanaged Utility - Time Zone query

Hi zackm​ and designerfx​ - Sure, will update here once I have tested .

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Australia changes DST as well on 02/04. We always change DST on the first Sunday of April/October.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

uniswtc, what is the result of your testing on 4/2?  I am following as we have had a similar issue.

Regards,

Cheryl

Highlighted
Level 12

Hi camuetzel​, zackm​, designerfx​ and all,

Sorry, I was busy and could not update. It is learnt that if the server time zone is in CET and has DST applies every 6 months, then it will be adjusted to the server only. Not, to the other servers/devices time zone. You need to adjust your schedules based on the other time zones. In our case, the app servers is in UTC and it follows UTC (with no DST). Hence, I had adjust the timings based on the requirement of the servers time zone.

In case, if you want to schedule devices in CET, then you need to create 2 schedules, each for 6 months. If no change in your device's time zone, only one Schedule should be fine.

I think this should be taken care by Solarwinds in the coming versions, in the Unmanaged Utility, so that the task scheduler can consider that and run without changing/re-scheduling or setting up to schedules for an year.

Hope it helps. Thanks all for your help and suggestions .