This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unmanaged Devices (Availability Report shows 0%)

Hi All,

I have some devices which have been down for a couple of months due to ongoing building renovations. I unmanaged them last month in order for the availability report to show 100% up. As I check the report for the last month its show 0% availability for these devices.

My understanding is that the availability for unmanaged devices is calculated as 100% while they are unmanaged.

Please help me understand, what could have caused the availability report to be 0%. One thing that I can guess is, I unmanaged these devices at a time when they were already down.

Thanks and Regards

Main Ahmad

• Hi Main

Not quite. The report will be generated on the data points within the database for the metric you are including. Using the unmanage facility simply stops data points from being recorded in the first place and prevents downtime records being created. For example if you had a node availability report for last week and it was 100% up until day 5 and then days 6 and 7 you had it in an unmanage state as no data values exist for days 6 and 7, the other 5 days data will be the only values used in the report.

Therefore if you have a report covering a period where the object was not monitored at all, then the output will be 0 simply because no data exists.

I hope this makes sense.

Mark Roberts

Prosperon - UK SolarWinds Partners

Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses

facebook_icon.jpglinkedin.pngblogger.pngtwitter-icon.jpg 

• Does that 0 then cause your group and overall network availability to go down then?

• You check The groups configurations??? .