Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Unmanage utility scheduler

Jump to solution

Hi team,

I have list of nodes to be unmanaged every day (recurring maintenance) . To achieve that output, currently I am using unmanage utility scheduler.

Currently we are using Solar winds NPM 12.5 version. Recently we have upgraded our NPM from 12.3-12.5 , we also moved our application from C drive to D drive. After migration and upgrade, i can see that there are issues with unmanage  utility scheduler. When i got to task status, i can see task ran successfully but i can see a pop-up in cmd. prompt saying "cannot find unmanage runner.exe".

And all the nodes selected for unmanage task are not getting unmanaged. Can someone help me with the inputs here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi,

I am able to identify something here. please add your inputs to it.

Actual UnmanageRunner.exe installation path :

pastedImage_0.png

But in our environment we have moved our application from C drive to D drive recently. Now i can see installation path of UnmanageRunner.exe in "D" drive.

I suspect may be because of this movement, it is throwing me an error"Windows cannot find UnmanageRunner.exe".

Hurreih!! i just tried to create same path again in C drive and pasted runner folder from D to C drive back and reran the task in scheduler.

Now its is running fine!! 🙂

Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to identify something here. please add your inputs to it.

Actual UnmanageRunner.exe installation path :

pastedImage_0.png

But in our environment we have moved our application from C drive to D drive recently. Now i can see installation path of UnmanageRunner.exe in "D" drive.

I suspect may be because of this movement, it is throwing me an error"Windows cannot find UnmanageRunner.exe".

Hurreih!! i just tried to create same path again in C drive and pasted runner folder from D to C drive back and reran the task in scheduler.

Now its is running fine!! 🙂

Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for responding!! I have gone through the script, but if i think the script is  for single strech use? I am looking to enable recurring maintenance schedule to unmange nodes.

Attaching the error message from unmanage utility.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

you could turn the script into a scheduled task to make it recurring, I've run into issues with that unmanage utility and have found doing it through the API is much ore reliable.