cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Unmanage Feature - Getting stuck on Remanage

I've found a few older posts regarding this and I'm still wondering if this bug is present. Here's what I'm basically seeing:

1. A device that is up is set to unmanaged for 1 day

2. Remanage button is now available

3. Device is turned off

4. Device is turned back on (if there are any alerts, now suddenly I will get them even though it should still be "unmanaged")

5. Attempt to set it to remanaged and this fails (or at least the unmanage button does NOT appear)

6. After 1 day, unmanage button is not available

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance,

Rhys

8 Replies

I am facing similar issue but my NPM version 11.5.3 and SAM 6.2.1. When checked the Orion DB Manager i see the subjected nodes unmanage option ticked but if i try to enable editing and untick the unmanage option it doesnt work. Also Some of the node we unmanaged and remanaged back are showing unknown status. Let me know the resolution if any one has. I am going to apply HF1 for NPM11.5.3 dont know if that would help. Thank you, Mithun

0 Kudos
Level 13

Its looks like the Nodes table did not get updated correctly therefor the option to unmanage might be still disabled .

This could  happen  when you have very large DB or under specification application server with very low CPU sockets assigned / OR high numbers of Elements + Pollers are been monitored within the single server .

I would use to have the manual option to update the table through SQL Query .

Please try the below steps.

Firstly find the effected nodes and the nodesids for these nodes.

use the below SQL Query and replace the Nodeids and use the Orion DB Manager to update  ,

Update Nodes set UnManaged = "FALSE" where NodeID IN (1174,1175,1513)

Once done check the results. again this looks like performance issues on the App server or on SQL server .

Further MUST install HOTFIX 6 below on all or your Orion servers.

http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/HotFix/OrionPlatform-v2015.1.2-HotFix6.zip

I am facing similar issue but my NPM version 11.5.3 and SAM 6.2.1. When checked the Orion DB Manager i see the subjected nodes unmanage option ticked but if i try to enable editing and untick the unmanage option it doesnt work. Also Some of the node we unmanaged and remanaged back are showing unknown status. Let me know the resolution if any one has. I am going to apply HF1 for NPM11.5.3 dont know if that would help. Thank you, Mithun

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am now experiencing this exact same scenario... I am running SAM 6.2.1 and I believe we are way behind on NPM versions but I am not sure as we split the two and that is administered by our Network team.  Did you ever receive a fix for this issue... I am about to submit a ticket to Solarwinds since it is causing inadvertent alerts to application owners who thought their servers were unmanaged.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Level 12

Haven't seen this myself. Are you running into this on the individual node summary, or the Manage Nodes screen? If one, have you tried through the other?

0 Kudos
Level 8

I'll give that a try. I believe I doing it on the individual node summary screen.

0 Kudos

Can't say I've ever experienced that. What version of NPM do you use?

0 Kudos
Level 8

Looks like 10.4. I'm not a full admin though in NPM. Wonder if that has something to do with it. However, I can unmanage and remanage as long as the device doesn't go up and down.

0 Kudos