cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Universal Device Poller results manipulation

Jump to solution

Are there any future plans to add a function that would allow for me to manipulate the results from a UnDP?  I have a radio that stores transmit success rate information at an OID, but the values come back as 4 digits.  The web interface for this radio does a quick calculation on this value before it displays it as a percentage with two decimal places.  I would love to be able to do this for the results that Orion stores historically.  An example is below.

Returned value for UnDP = 6235

Desired displayed value = 62.35

If there was a function that would allow me to multiply the returned value by .01, I would have my desired value.

If this is not currently an option, I would like to suggest it as a feature request.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Zak,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I worked on this late last night and figured out that the order of Formula is specific (at least in my case it was).

I had to create the formula to be {Poller} * 0.01

Initially I tried to create it as {Poller}*.01 - (notice there are no spaces.  Spaces are apparently important to these forumulas)

Then I tried {Poller} * .01 - (notice there is no leading value before the decimal.  This is apparently also important)

I finally tried the formula {Poller} * 0.01 and it is working as expected.

I was initially confused about the transform because in the documentation there were only mentions of a handful of transform possibilities (avg, min, max, truncate, celsius to fahrenheit, X to Kb,Mb,Gb,Tb).  I didn't know if I could perform simple calculations on the values I was receiving.  It would be useful in future versions of the documentation if the possibilities of the the transform feature were fully discussed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Level 12

Have you tried to use the option "Transform Results"?  This is found in the Universal Device Poller program.

If you have the poller already created, just select it then add "*.01" in the formula.  Just reference this new transform you created for the results that you are wanting.

UnDP will still return = 6235

Transform will return 62.35

Let me know if that works.  I haven't used this with a decimal point, but I think it should work just fine.

Zak Kahl

http://www.loop1systems.com

Zak,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I worked on this late last night and figured out that the order of Formula is specific (at least in my case it was).

I had to create the formula to be {Poller} * 0.01

Initially I tried to create it as {Poller}*.01 - (notice there are no spaces.  Spaces are apparently important to these forumulas)

Then I tried {Poller} * .01 - (notice there is no leading value before the decimal.  This is apparently also important)

I finally tried the formula {Poller} * 0.01 and it is working as expected.

I was initially confused about the transform because in the documentation there were only mentions of a handful of transform possibilities (avg, min, max, truncate, celsius to fahrenheit, X to Kb,Mb,Gb,Tb).  I didn't know if I could perform simple calculations on the values I was receiving.  It would be useful in future versions of the documentation if the possibilities of the the transform feature were fully discussed.

View solution in original post

I have created poller with the help of Transform result. applied it on same node. but not getting any data in chart & in table.

while testing it giving the exact data what we want.

Need your assistance.

Capture1.JPGcapture.JPG

0 Kudos

I remember I had an issue like this a few years ago.  If i remember correctly, the fix was playing with some values when on the poller.  I don't remember exactly what it was, and I currently don't have a Solarwinds Environment that I work on.

You may want to post this question on the general NPM board to see if anyone else can assist.

0 Kudos

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Did you found a solution? I get the same behaviour, It works while testing or using the "non-converted" UDP.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Nice work getting it to work.  I will make a mental note that a preceding '0' is needed before the decimal.

Zak Kahl

http;//www.loop1systems.com

0 Kudos