This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Universal Device Poller Speed = slow

Has anyone had a problem with Universal Device Poller taking like a whole minute to finally open? It's also very sluggish to navigate.

I'm using Orion v9 SP1

• Has anyone had a problem with Universal Device Poller taking like a whole minute to finally open? It's also very sluggish to navigate.

If yours only takes one minute to open you're doing pretty good. Mine takes 2 minutes at least and there are reports here in the forums of upwards of ten minutes top open. It seems related to the number of nodes you're managing in Orion.

As for navigation within the UDP, I would agree that it's sluggish at best. I find myself at times clicking one things twice because it takes so long that I'm not sure if I clicked it the first time.

• You might want to take a look at this thread too.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to aLTeReGo

This is something we are working on for the next service pack.  We've made a few changes that will result in faster startup times.