This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Universal Device Poller - Per Second Calculations for Broadcast Packets

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to monitor how many Broadcast packets are being received every second on a Cisco router interface. I have created a custom poller in UnDP that is using the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.3 and I am polling the interface every 5 minutes. Under Show Advance Options for this poller, I have the Counter option checked and have set the Time Frame to Second.

The problem is that the graph for this poller is just showing how many Broadcast packets are being received on the interface every 5 minutes. So instead of showing 100 Broadcast packets per second, it is giving me a value of 30,000 (the 5 minute total).

I have the following questions:

• Can someone explain exactly what the "Time Frame" field is under the Counter option? I was unable to find any documentation on this.
  • Is there any way for this poller to return per second values? Or do I have to use a transform?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you