This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Universal Device Poller Alert

Wonder if anyone can make a suggestion. I have a custom UDP that fetches a string containing a date/time. I need to alert if ever this value changes. It seems like such a simple requirement yet for the life of me I can't get anything to work. I guess some custom SWQL magic will be involved but I am unable to fetch historical data to compare against... am I missing something obvious?

Any suggestions?

• While creating poller historic data is enabled?

• Hi, yes retain Historical data is enabled. Maybe I'm not writing the alert correctly. Essentially I was hoping to do something along the lines of 'current statistic notmatch last poll of statistic' but my SQL/SWQL skills are possibly a little lacking. I would have thought this would be a fairly common requirement so I'm sure it's me just missing something simple. 

• Its been driving me nuts for days. I'm not very good at all with SQL/SWQL. I need to somehow compare  [CustomPollerStatusScalar].[Status] with the last entry in the [dbo].[CustomPollerStatistics] history table but just don’t know how to lookup the last bit - I guess it will also have to have a join from [dbo].[CustomPollerAssignment]:

In the basic alert I have:

SELECT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode AS E0

WHERE ( ( E0.[CustomPoller].[OID] = '1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1.25.2' ) AND ( E0.[CustomPollerStatusScalar].[Status] != '<last entry in CustomPollerStatistics>' ) )

Is there not a simple way to check the [CustomPollerStatusScalar].[Status] field for changes?

I'm able to see the changes in a report using the following but need to make it an alert:

SELECT [data].[DisplayName] AS [DisplayName],[data].[Node].[DisplayName] AS [DisplayName1],[data].[CustomPollerStatistics].[ObservationTimestamp] AS [ObservationTimestamp],[data].[InstanceSiteId] AS [InstanceSiteId]
    FROM orion.npm.custompollerassignmentonnode AS data
    WHERE
    ((([data].[CustomPoller].[UniqueName]) = ('LastPolicyApplied')) AND (([data].[CustomPollerStatistics].[Status])))