cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Unexpected error: An error occurred while generating map

Hi, usually I would go straight to create a support case but since custom portal is not available at the moment so I thought I will try my luck here.

Since Friday we are receiving the following error on "Map" widget - Unexpected error: An error occurred while generating map 57624e8f-7c10-4821-99b8-48f41b55a002.OrionM, when I try to edit the widget itself I get the following error: RunQuery failed, check fault information. Unknown provider Cortex.

Txt dump is as follows:

Message: RunQuery failed, check fault information.

         Unknown provider Cortex.

ErrorSite: SolarWinds.MapEngine.Executor.Execute

ErrorType: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceFaultContract, SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2, Version=2017.4.0.1540, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]

Stack:

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.WcfConnectionDependentExecutor`1.Executor.Execute()

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.WcfConnectionDependentExecutor`1.Execute(Action`1 operation, Boolean throwOnError)

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.WcfConnectionDependentExecutor`1.Execute[TResult](Func`2 operation)

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.MapEngineConnection.CreateQuery[T](String selectStatement, Boolean isForce, PropertyBag parameters)

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.Engine.ParseEntities(IEnumerable`1 entities)

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.Engine.<>c__DisplayClass173_0.<InitEntitiesMetadata>b__0()

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.MetadataDictionaryProvider.GetMetadataDictionary(Func`1 allMetadataDelegate)

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.Engine.InitEntitiesMetadata()

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.Engine.InitCacheData()

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.Engine.Initialize()

at SolarWinds.MapEngine.MapEngineFactory.GetEngine(String userName, ServiceCredentials credentials, String remoteServerAddress, String swisPort, String swisPostfix, Int32 viewId, Boolean useMapPropertiesCache, IRunningOperationWaiter runningOperationWaiter)

at Orion_NetPerfMon_Controls_EditResourceControls_EditNetworkMap.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)

at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)

at Orion_NetPerfMon_Resources_EditResource.LoadResourceEditControl()

at Orion_NetPerfMon_Resources_EditResource.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

In addition I cannot connect to Network Atlas (neither from remote location or directly from server, I have tried both local SolarWinds admin account and my domain account). We get the following error: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Please contact support." I have checked our programs and features based on one of the KBs and we have only newest IPAM version installed.

I have tried following so far but nothing helps:

-Run configuration Wizard

-Run Database maintenance

-Restart all SW servers (we have database separated from main server and one ape)

-Reinstall Network Atlas

-Delete content of localhost folder from Temp\SolarWinds

(SolarWinds services were restarted after each action).

Maybe some of you had similar issues and will be able to help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 8

Uninstalling & Reinstalling Job Serv 2 has fixed the issue. This post has helped us to fix this issue. (Please make sure you restart the server once new installation is completed). Starting services only is not sufficient.

We had this issue just before Christmas. This is because of unexpected error with Cortex.

In addition i noticed that i was unable to 'unmute alerts' on nodes that were already in 'mute alerts' state.

Solarwinds says that this is probably due to a bug in NPM 12.3, they have recommended to upgrade it to 12.5

logs and from the errors in SWISv3:

2019-12-24 13:13:33,293 [98] ERROR SolarWinds.Cortex.Swis.DataProvider.CortexClientFactory - (null) (null) Exception occurred during requesting authorization token
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:17799

Thanks

Level 10

Support was able to solve the issue by reinstalling SolarWinds Job Enginge v2 and SolarWinds Collector Service, it was about 2 weeks ago and since then environment is stable and we had 0 issues. Posting this so maybe someone will find it useful in the future.