Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Unacknowledged Events for this day

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Custom Table Widget showing all Unacknowledged events for the current day:

planglois_0-1601477204724.png

I'm trying to have an hyperlink over the Event Type Names to direct the user to the corresponding page showing those events (i.e.: https://HOSTNAME/Orion/NetPerfMon/Events.aspx?&Period=Today&EventType=506  )

As soon as I add the "Detailed Page Link" to the display settings of the Event Type Name or the icon column, it breaks the aggregation and I get multiple lines for each node that had this event...

Is there a way to add such hyperlink using the custom table widget without doing a full SQL query and reverse engineering all EventType IDs? (i'm currently using the DQB on Events).

1 Solution

Seems so... I ended up using the following SQL query as data source:

SELECT
	e.[EventType],
	COUNT(*) as 'Qty',
	et.[name],
	'/Orion/NetPerfMon/Events.aspx?&Period=Today&EventType='+CAST(e.[EventType] as varchar(256)) as 'DetailsURL' 	
FROM (
	SELECT
		[EventID],
		[EventTime],
		[EventType],
		[Acknowledged]
	FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Events]
	WHERE [Acknowledged] = 0 
		AND CONVERT(DATE, [EventTime]) = CONVERT(DATE, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
	) as e
INNER JOIN [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[EventTypes] et ON e.[EventType] = et.[EventType]
GROUP BY e.[EventType], et.[Name]
ORDER BY EventType ASC

It did the trick and was simpler as I first imagined  😎

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Pretty sure the problem is that when you add the details link it isn't taking you to a page for the type, it is taking you to the page for a specific event.  Only way to change that would be custom SQL/SWQL unfortunately

- Marc Netterfield, Github

Seems so... I ended up using the following SQL query as data source:

SELECT
	e.[EventType],
	COUNT(*) as 'Qty',
	et.[name],
	'/Orion/NetPerfMon/Events.aspx?&Period=Today&EventType='+CAST(e.[EventType] as varchar(256)) as 'DetailsURL' 	
FROM (
	SELECT
		[EventID],
		[EventTime],
		[EventType],
		[Acknowledged]
	FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Events]
	WHERE [Acknowledged] = 0 
		AND CONVERT(DATE, [EventTime]) = CONVERT(DATE, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
	) as e
INNER JOIN [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[EventTypes] et ON e.[EventType] = et.[EventType]
GROUP BY e.[EventType], et.[Name]
ORDER BY EventType ASC

It did the trick and was simpler as I first imagined  😎

View solution in original post