This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unacknowledged Events for this day

Hello,

I have a Custom Table Widget showing all Unacknowledged events for the current day:

planglois_0-1601477204724.png

I'm trying to have an hyperlink over the Event Type Names to direct the user to the corresponding page showing those events (i.e.: HOSTNAME/.../Events.aspx )

As soon as I add the "Detailed Page Link" to the display settings of the Event Type Name or the icon column, it breaks the aggregation and I get multiple lines for each node that had this event...

Is there a way to add such hyperlink using the custom table widget without doing a full SQL query and reverse engineering all EventType IDs? (i'm currently using the DQB on Events).

• Pretty sure the problem is that when you add the details link it isn't taking you to a page for the type, it is taking you to the page for a specific event.  Only way to change that would be custom SQL/SWQL unfortunately

• Seems so... I ended up using the following SQL query as data source:

SELECT
    	e.[EventType],
    	COUNT(*) as 'Qty',
    	et.[name],
    	'/Orion/NetPerfMon/Events.aspx?&Period=Today&EventType='+CAST(e.[EventType] as varchar(256)) as 'DetailsURL' 	
    FROM (
    	SELECT
    		[EventID],
    		[EventTime],
    		[EventType],
    		[Acknowledged]
    	FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Events]
    	WHERE [Acknowledged] = 0 
    		AND CONVERT(DATE, [EventTime]) = CONVERT(DATE, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
    	) as e
    INNER JOIN [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[EventTypes] et ON e.[EventType] = et.[EventType]
    GROUP BY e.[EventType], et.[Name]
    ORDER BY EventType ASC

It did the trick and was simpler as I first imagined