This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to monitor to N7k switch

Is there a way to monitor or to view the details below in monitoring the N7K switch? Or the details below is only available for router?

*Last 10 Configuration
*Download Configs
*Last 10 Config Changes
*Config Change Report
*NCM Events

• Have problem to backup config for my N7K myself.  Will look into this more next week.

• They are all available if you have NCM setup and configured RTCD as well. Only thing I noticed is that for the RTCD syslog rule, I had to use *Configured from vty* for the Syslog Message Pattern section.

• Thanks for your support. Issue is now resolved coz upon checking issue is related to license in NCM

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to hanif.solarwinds

I got around the issue by just building a basic rule on NCM.  Let me drop it in here for you.

place in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Orion\NCM\DeviceTypes\

name it: Cisco IOS Generic Profile.ConfigMgmt-Commands

paste this Template below this line into doc -----

<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->

<!--Copyright 2005 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->

<Configuration-Management Device="Cisco Devices" SystemOID=" 1.3.6.1.4.1.9">

<Commands>

<Command Name="RESET" Value="terminal width 0${CRLF}terminal length 0"/>

<Command Name="Reboot" Value="reload${CRLF}y${CRLF}y"/>

<Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal"/>

<Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end"/>

<Command Name="Startup" Value="startup-config"/>

<Command Name="Running" Value="running-config"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}  ${ConfigType}${CRLF}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="EraseConfig" Value="write erase${CRLF}Y"/>

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="write memory"/>

<Command Name="Version" Value="show version"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

Paste above this line into doc --------------------------

save it and restart NCM

within node properties configure the NCM settings and have device template match the attached photo.

The template sets the device to perform a copy to tftp of your desired server within the tftp settings in NCM

Been working fine for the past half year so far...

Hope this helps!

FYI we're running slightly older firmware on ours, but should work non the less.

NCM setup.jpg