This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to create or modify account limitations

I have an issue where we are unable to create account limitations due to the number of nodes and interfaces in our system.  When you select a Group By limitation, the UI opens a page that lists out every node or interface.  The UI eventually times out if you have a large number of interfaces.  Even at a lower number, the UI is difficult to use in this fashion.  In order to get account limitations to work, we have to create and modify them via direct SQL.

I am curious to hear if this problem is isolated to our system or if it is larger issue.  Does anyone else run into this same issue with the creation and modification of Account Limitations?

• Would it be possible to get a screenshot? Have we tried an alternate browser?

• Sure can.

If I select the Group of Interfaces limitation, the page will load after a few minutes.  Once on the page that lists out every interface in NPM, checking the check box for any interface is a 2 minute process as you wait for the page to respond.  During this time, I get the below error message from the browser (Chrome) repeately.  I continue to get the same error message as I navigate the page and while the page is submitting.

Page_unresponsive.jpg

After a few minutes of the page being submitted, I get the following IIS error.

iis_404.13_error.jpg

The error is attributed to the IIS Maximum allowed content length setting.  The default is ~28MB.  I can increase this value and it the page will submit.  The overall experience that I am having is that it takes 10-15 minutes to add one interface limitation with the modification to IIS to allow the page to submit over 30MB of data.

I understand that these errors are not from NPM itself, but rather a client and server issue.  However, I beleive that the specs of both my local computer and the default IIS settings should more than sufficient to perform this task.  I have tried different browsers in the past and I find the results are effectively the same.