This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnManaged Node's End Time Value for Reporting

I have created an Alert in "Alert & Reports" to email when a node's status has been changed to unmanaged. As part of the details of the email I would like to add the timestamp when the node will be managed again. Anyone know where this value is located in the database or how to add it to our email message?

Since I do not see the value in the default view and I am thinking this will be an advanced SQL script that needs to be written.

Thanks for any help.

Jimmy

• I believe you can place this variable ${N=Generic;M=DateTime;F=DateTime}  (if you are using NPM 11.5 and above) in the reset Action. So once the Reset condition fired, it means that the Alerting engine was able to check the device that it is no longer on Unmanage state.

• ice, you are correct and we have the reset condition set to notify us when the node is managed again.

I see where I may have missed some information. We would like on the email stating that a node is unmanaged (the first email) to include the time the user set the node to be managed again. Our current default is one day and that is way to long for our nodes and if a user sets this I would like to change it to a more appropriate time frame. Hope this explains it a little further.

• try these to put on the alert action when it fires that it started being unmanage:

${N=SwisEntity;M=UnManageFrom}

${N=SwisEntity;M=UnManageUntil} 

• That is perfect ice. When added to the message and tested it worked. Thank you so much.

The only change I would say is in the body of the message your variables did not work (to much information). The following worked though:

${UnManageFrom}

${UnManageUntil}

Again thank you.

• ah i see. that is great. what NPM version are you using? those variable i gave is for NPM 11.5 and above.

I believe you are on NPM 11.0.1 and below.

emoticons_happy.png but glad you were able to work it out.