This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnDP is gathering badly formatted mac address where Mib browser works correctly.

Hi All,

We have a problem with universal device poller, we are trying to gather information from wlc (some additional information related to what we can have from the "wireless" part of NPM along with some redundant information, just for easy display with a Tabular UnDP resource).

We're getting some columns from the table:

bsnMobileStationTable (1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.1.4)

The problem is, mac addresses of the AP and the Client that we're retrieving are for the vast majority symbols without meaning:

UnDP.png

What's more strange is the fact that we explored the table with the mib browser from eng toolset, to understand what to extract, and from it we're getting correct information:

MibBrowser.png

I've kept the visibility on the same Rows of the same WLC.. and as it is possible to see, information in the mib browser is perfect, while the same can't be said for the UnDP.

The MIBs.cfg file is the last one available.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Did you try to change custom poller Format?
    - edit custom poller

- open Show Advanced Options

- change format to Mac Address

You have to wait to next poll as formating is used before the values are stored in database. When only Test is used formating is ignored.

• Thanks, I've tried that way but I was expecting results to be directly available during the test. Instead it works, but only on the polled value, not the tested one. Also label is not affected from this, but that's better than nothing emoticons_happy.png