This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnDP for printers.

I am using a poller to check to see what percent of toner is left in printers. I was able to enable it and when running the test from UnDP is it showing the SuppliesPercentage, but when I go to enable to the node page it is not showing up with the SuppliesPercentage, all the other info is showing up but it is not coming back with a percent. I know I am missing something easy but for the life of me I can not find it.

• I feel awfully obligated to help out on this one emoticons_happy.png

For clarity's sake, did you enable the other two UnDPs for supplies polling in addition to the SuppliesPercentage one? These two in question would be the SuppliesLevel and SuppliesMaxCapacity UnDPs.  All three are needed for it to work, as the third UnDP piggybacks onto the returned values of the other two.

Also, do you have the "Universal Device Poller Status" resource in your view?  If you do not, I'd recommend adding it so that you can see the "raw" values of the UnDP results on the node's page itself and ensure that the UnDPs are assigned properly.

Let me know if this isn't helpful, or if I can explain things in more detail.

• All are UnDp's are enabled, and I do have the Universal Device Poller Status showing and the raw data from the printer. When I run the test for the SuppliesPercentage it is showing the right percent for the toner.Capture.PNG

Also the UnDp for the black toner is working great.

• Ahh, I think I might've figured it out.  So, you are testing fine, and the three are all showing up in the Universal Device Poller Status resource, correct?

In the Universal Device Poller Status panel you should see something like the following:

1.png

If you click on the "3 value(s)" under "Current Status" for the SuppliesPercentage UnDP you should get a graph with all of the supplies.  This will be all toner cartridge(s) as well as things like document feeder kits, rollers, etc.

To place a graph for this right on the node page, add the Universal Device Poller Chart resource and set it up like the following (Note that your items under "Select Rows to display" will likely differ):

2.png

Does this help more?

• That fixed it, and I had one table that was not assigned to any printers emoticons_confused.png.

Thank you so much for the help, it works great!

• No problem!  Glad to be of help, and glad it works well for you.  I should update that document with the info we found here in case someone else has the same issue.