This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnDP Columns Display

Is there a way to change the column labels and the order of columns in UnDP tabular web console display?

• Currently, no. Please see my UnDP Wishlist here:
  • Currently, no. Please see my UnDP Wishlist here:
    I like your wish list, especially the ability to specify a SNMP table OID with the option to select columns and of course the ability to specify the order of items.

Do you know whether the rows in UnDP table are displayed dynamically, meaning that they are added or removed as necessary in every poll cycle, or the poller just updates the rows that were present at the creation time?

Example: I monitor the table of all IKE tunnels on my core router. Should the row in UnDP table be automatically added, if I configure new tunnel or removed, if the tunnel disappears?

Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Gustelj

Example: I monitor the table of all IKE tunnels on my core router. Should the row in UnDP table be automatically added, if I configure new tunnel or removed, if the tunnel disappears?

The UnDP should dynamically add and remove rows at each polling interval.

• Sorry to bring up and old post but I'm searching for answers before asking the community for questions.

I'm attempting to change the order of the columns in my Tabular Universal Device Poller table.

Tabular Universal Device Poller.png

I understand from previous posts the column order is arranged by the ordering of the OID in the MIB but I'm finding this to be insufficient and would prefer to order them in a more logical way (my logic anyway!). I've currently setup a UnDP for each column (one OID per poller) of data and I'm bringing those into the Tabular UnDP. The only Thwack posts I'm finding on this topic are from 2008 NPM feature requests.

What I've found so far:

DISPLAY ORDER OF MIB TABLE DATA ON NODE DETAILS

UNDP COLUMNS DISPLAY

UNDP FORMAT ARRANGEMENT HELP

Maybe I'm just trying to accomplish what I want in the wrong way ... any help and/or direction would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi jpike,

This should be possible by changing the 'ColumnNumber' column of the 'CustomPollers' table directly in the database. Here's simple example of the SQL query which should help you to do that:

UPDATE CustomPollers

SET ColumnNumber = 10

WHERE UniqueName = 'Tx_Bytes'

Executing this will move the 'Tx_Bytes' poller to the position 10. By default UnDPs have the ColumnNumber set to 0.

Hope this helps,

Zbynek Botlo