This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UTC and server time

I'm looking to setup Orion NPM to monitor devices covering multiple timezones. All of the devices are currently set to UTC time for consistency across the network. For reference, the network covers Australia, parts of SE Asia, and a few devices in the UK/US. The NPM server will be located in Sydney, AU (UTC+10/11). To assist the helpdesk team in tracking alerts/faults/traps, I assume the NPM server should be in UTC time as well? What about the SQL database (separate server)?

Can reports be generated based on timezone or will they also be created in UTC time?

Additionally, I've searched and found questions regarding 24 hour time format and responses saying that this is not supported in Orion yet but those posts were from 2010 or older. Is this still the case or can I generate alerts in 24 hour UTC time?

Thank you.