cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

UPS Poller Resource

Jump to solution

I am trying to make a resource for NOC view that shows APC UPS units that are on battery backup and/or need batteries replaced.  I am unable to put a filter on Universal Device Poller resource.  Does anyone have a way to accomplish this goal?

THANKS!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

With the web based reports there isn't a handy way to push them to a dashboard, but you can use the "custom table" resource and use exactly the same setup as you did on the report.

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Level 16

Looks like you have your solution but here is another way I sometime use to get external web pages to display on my dashboards.

-Add a Custom HTML resource to your dashboard

-Paste in the code below, replacing http://MYURLGOESHERE/  with your own URL

<style type="text/css">

iframe { overflow:hidden; }

</style>

<iframe src="http://MYURLGOESHERE" width="100%" height="500px" ></iframe>

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

Thanks for the reply. I checked the link you refered to and it said:

1. Open the Orion reports tab and click on Manage Reports at top right hand of the page.
  2. Click on the Create New Report.
  3. Using the Dynamic Query Builder, select Advanced Selector.
  4. Select I want to report on Custom Node Poller.
  5. In the Conditions, select OID is equal to.
  6. Select the OID used in the UNDP and click next.
  7. Select the default Custom Table.
  8. Add Column and select the Node> Caption and Custom Node Poller> Current Value.
  9. Preview and adjust the report if needed.

In my instance of NPM 12.0 at least when I go to create new report there is no option for dynamic query builder or any of the other stuff.  So I'm wondering if that article is even accurate?

0 Kudos

Good morning -

Here's where you go for Advanced Selector:

pastedImage_0.png

I hope this helps.

Ken

Okay thanks, that helps a lot.  I have a report built now, but cannot find a way to show as a resource.  It appears I can only put a report writer report in a resource on a NOC view?  Am I missing something (again)?

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos

Hmmm....  I think that's correct.  When I have a spare moment I'll see if I can do that.  In the meantime, make sure that the report is available and working as you intended.

0 Kudos

Yes I have web based report all set, just have no way to view on NOC view that I can find.

0 Kudos

With the web based reports there isn't a handy way to push them to a dashboard, but you can use the "custom table" resource and use exactly the same setup as you did on the report.

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

Perfect!  THANKS!

0 Kudos