This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trigger Condition "Not Equal To"

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am curious if anybody else is experiencing an issue with the "not equal to" condition in the Advance Alerts?  Basically, if an application or node is down, I have it set to something like this:

Trigger Alert when all of the following apply
    Application Name is equal to XXXX-App
    Application Status is NOT equal to UP

In the events table, I'll see the Application is an unknown state, but none of the Trigger Actions occur (something simple like sending an email).

• Hi,

Is the alert listed in the list of the Triggered Alerts? If not, then...

A) The next step in troubleshooting this would be to check if the Trigger Query run by the alerting engine is actually returning your Application.

Open the Database and run the following SQL Query:

SELECT AlertName ,TriggerQuery FROM AlertDefinitions

Copy the TriggerQuery of your Alert and execute it.

1) Is the Application returned in the results?

If yes, 1a) then it either means that the Alerting Engine is encountering an issue or that the Reset or Suppress Alert conditions are blocking it.

If not, 1b) there is something wrong either the Application is UP or the Application name is not matching. Double check the trigger conditions.

B) If the Alert is already triggered, your Actions had some problems to be executed. Use the Test Alert option to confirm actions are working.

HTH,

Yann

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Yann

Yann,

Thank you so much!  The SQL query will increase my productivity instead of waiting for the Alerts Manager to trigger the actions while I wait.  This definitely solved my problem of how I've been setting up my alerts.  Thanks again!

Byron

• thx Yann you just saved a lot of my time emoticons_happy.png